Monday, April 11, 2011

New Tutorial Site Launched!

Hurray! My oldest website has been completely renovated and is now a full blown wire jewelry making tutorial website with roughly 25 tutorials. These tutorials are now available for necklaces, bracelets, cuffs, earrings, beads and wire and much more. Go to www.beadifferent.com and check it out.

You'll even find some new free tutorials on wire manipulation and making "wibers", strands of thin gauge fiber and wire combined which will allow you to incorporate color/fibers/threads into your own jewelry. Simply download the free tutorial and you'll be on your way! You'll also find this tutorial helpful if you decide you can't live without some of the other tutorials on fiberwire jewelry. More free tutorials will be added on a continuing basis.

There's also a section on "The Beginner's Series" although this is just the beginning of this series. I decided to do a series of tutorials for those beginners who are looking for an alternative to wire wrapping. As a metalsmith, I learned (and taught myself) a different way of learning how to make both simple and complex wire jewelry and that's what I'm aiming at teaching with this series. The first of these "Beginner Series" tutorials is on manipulating wire by making two different kinds of wire earrings: wavey hoops and a wavy long earring using black steel wire that you can get at the hardware store.

With sterling silver at now over $40 an ounce, I'll be focusing my attention on using alternative metals like copper and nugold and even aluminum in a number of the newest tutorials as well.

Now that www.beadifferent.com is finally live, a dream for many years, I'll be working with aluminum (very soft and wonderful material to work with) in both wire and sheet forms. There is so much that I want to teach you all as I continue my wire jewelry adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment